Everyone at a point in time needs a piece of motivation in their lives no matter what they do or where they are. It might not need much; just a little stuff to encourage you that ‘you can make it’ can be enough to keep you going. If so, what are some of the best ways we can motivate ourselves and not lose hope…?
1.Put your plans on paper: Spell out your goals and ways to reach them. By doing this, you are indirectly telling your subconscious mind what you want and how to achieve them.
2. Be specific: My advice is that your goals must be such that you can put them into
practice. So, you need to be specific. For example, write down how much you want as say, “I need $50,000.00” instead writing down “I need money”.
3. Break the task down into small pieces: This is to ensure that you handle them easily. Don’t think of waiting for a jackpot but rather put in your little efforts, relax and observe.
4. Establish checkpoints on your progress as well as rewards: Track your progress with a graph to know you are making progress and never forget to reward yourself. Be grateful for your progress; it is a sign that you want more.
5. Remind yourself of the benefits you expect from your tasks completion: Think of the fun, joy and satisfaction you can have when your goal is achieved and use this joy to work further.
6. Avoid temptations and circumstances that might sidetrack you: Temptations are enticing and appealing but do not give in to them. Just remember that you have much BIGGER and appealing joy when you achieve your aim than the mere just-for-a-second enticement of temptation.
7. Recognize your limitations: What turns you down? Know this and try your best to muster it gradually before it rather steals from you your joy.
8. Don’t set unrealistic goals: Goal-setting is fun but must be real because you have no limits. Don’t expect to be the President the next day as that may not be real enough.
9. Take advantage of your own energy peaks! What turns you on? What do you love doing? Know this as well and develop them. This is very important as you carry the joy along through your other duties to achieve your goal. This also attracts people into your life.
10. Use “negative” motivation: Remind yourself of the consequences of your inaction. This may be good as it will remind you of the punishment, poverty or worry you may face if you don’t achieve your aims.
11. Keep a time-control budget: Don’t let one task take control over others. Rate tasks based on their importance and urgency. Do first what is important what is very important and urgent before other things.
12. Set deadlines and hold yourself to them: Be diligent and time-conscious. Remember that time and tide waits for no man and time lost can never be regained.
13. Make an honest distinction between “I can’t” and “I don’t want to”: Most at times, we assume things to be “impossible” when actually they are “not tried”. You only see it impossible because you don’t give yourself the chance to try.
14. Get started now, Don’t stall: If you say you deeply NEED something, why wait? Remember you have less time and your time starts now!
15. Improve your self-persuasion ability: Learn the difference between reasoning and rationalizing. By persuading yourself to do just a little more, you encourage yourself that little-by-little you can make it.
16. Be optimistic: Once you have confidence with much cheer, your chances for success will increase. People will feel your persona and assist you.
17. Decide how you want to start, what needs to be done first: This is your life. Plan it well and decide what you want to do first in order to get what you really want. You have the right to decide and plan.
18. Read, especially literature related to your situation: I always say that if you increase your knowledge, you decrease your fears. Seek help on your goal through books, people and vital websites like this and discover some amazing ways to go about things.
19. Use self-signaling devices – notes, signs, cues, reminders: No matter what you do, you are still that fallible, forgetful human so never forget to remind yourself and your mind that you have a goal to achieve. Paste notices if possible at places to always remind you of your aim.
20. Promise yourself rewards: A good relaxation after a hard day’s work can be a reward for working towards your dreams. Promise yourself something anytime you are about to do a task and imagine the sort of responsiveness you use to face the task.
21. Use the stimulation provided by good news to do extra work: I always want to feel good and hope you want that too. I therefore get myself excited from everything I do by doing what I love. With the joy, I may not mind working extra hours without pay just to learn. You can try that as well.
22. Recognize conflicts and make a choice: Conflicts in the form of hard decisions are bound to happen. Be firm and always go in for what is best for your success without compromise. After all, it is your life, not theirs!
23. Give yourself the right to make mistakes: No one is perfect! Why should you be afraid of making mistakes? There is no harm at all in trying. Always try something new and discover some amazing potential in you.
24. Exercise your sense of humor: Never forget to laugh. Laughter indicates a realistic point of view. At least, just smile at anything and grief will be far from you.
25. Finally, never forget to love yourself. Be grateful for who and what you are and very soon, people will also appreciate and love you for who you are. Do only what you love and be glad when doing it. Do it for the love and the money will follow.
If you enjoyed this, share your thoughts below.
Latest posts by Archurst Agyarko (see all)
- 10 Reasons Why Most Entrepreneurs Dropout Of School - August 7, 2017
- Should You Be Paranoid About Your Ideas (As An Entrepreneur)? - August 2, 2017
- BE YOURSELF – BE REAL! - April 30, 2017